Monday, August 8, 2011

Savannah Conection


View From the DeSota


I recently met Charles Meyer who visited me to purchase a painting as a remembrance of Kansas City. Mentioning he was from Savannah, I shared watercolors that I did in 1989 of his city, while at a workshop for art teachers at Savannah College of Art and Design. During my stay in Savannah, I didn’t spend too much time in the workshop, as I was drawn to the beautiful homes on the squares and spent the week doing watercolors. In the evening I did a large watercolor of the rooftops of Savannah from the window of a hotel in the center of town. I have never forgotten the history and beauty of the city and have always wanted to return. Charlie left with the three studies and these also can be seen on his website, http://bluebicycle.org/home/2011/08/02/pantings-of-savannah-by-harriet-bigham/

No comments:

Post a Comment